Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm back from Dengue fever

Aedes aegypti mosquito, from Wikipedia



I have just came out from hospital last Saturday. I stayed in hospital for 8 days. I got dengue fever, a tropical deseases, caused by virus serotypes of the genus Flavivirus, family Flaviviridae. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti mosquito. It cause the decrease of platelets, or thrombocytes in the blood.

People said that to increase the platelets, or thrombocytes in the blood, I had to drink guava juice. My wife made the juice for me. I had to drink a lot of water too. Now, I'm just fine.

2 comments:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Dengue fever is not good, I'm glad you are better again and that your wife fed you lots of guave juice to make you better. Stay healthy!

Layanee said...

So sorry you were so ill! Happy to hear you are now well! Layanee at Ledge and Gardens