Thursday, February 14, 2008

What should I do? ....

We have two seasons in Indonesia which are dry and rainy season. Rainy season used to come from September to March. But, because of climate change, rainy season comes late. This year, rainy season comes in December. The problem is that rain falls irregular.

Rainy season has worried citizens of Jakarta which are threatened by flood. Heavy rain caused floods in Jakarta last year. This caused many of my plants died. Heavy rain caused my Desert Roses (Adenium) rotten last December.



How about this year? My garden was flooded because rain had fallen heavily two weeks ago. Fortunately, flood only took for a day. My plants was safe. But, rainy season is still continued for the next 2 or 3 months.

What should I do? I can save some plants only by moving them to shady area of my house. I can't save all of my plants. I hope God saves Jakarta in general and my plants in particular.


1 comment:

vermontflowerfarm@outlook.com said...

Hello Surya;

The picture of oxalis which you say Rusty has in Miami is prevalent here in Vermont USA too. Common name is sour grass. My old goat I had when I was a kid really liked it. It seeds readily and is about impossible to get rid of by hand.

Looking at your flowers is an interesting contrast to what we have here. Glad you enjoyed the lilium. They need a period of dormancy which makes them ideal for here. We have 5 feet of snow on the ground here now so some different than Indonesia.

Good gardening wishes!
George Africa
The Vermont Gardener
http://thevermontgardener.blogspot.com
http://vermontgardens.blogspot.com
http://vermontflowerfarm.com