Friday, February 15, 2008

More Fruits in Rainy Season

I have told you about rainy season in Indonesia, actually in Jakarta, in my last posting. But, it has positive impact to my plants. Some plants grow faster than usual. My Brucea javanica and Averrhoa bilimbi produce more fruits.

Brucea javanica

Averrhoa bilimbi


My fig tree is fruiting for the second time. Unfortunately, it only gave me a fruit last fruiting. I have added organic fertilizer. So, I hope I can get more fruits this time.


I have the same plant 'the clover leaves weed' that Rusty in Miami had, with smaller leaves in my garden. People in East Java usually eats them as vegetable. The dish called 'pecel daun semanggi'.


This is my Aglaonema 'Dona Carmen'. It needs shady place to live. So, I put it inside my house.


My Euphorbia is blooming. It's not common. Euphorbia used to bloom in dry season.


5 comments:

Rusty in Miami said...

I found out the actual name is Oxalis and apparently this weed is common all over the world. I am surprised that it is eatable.

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting, Surya. Have you registered your blog yet at Blotanical? It's free, and it's a neat gardening community worldwide. I looked for your blog there and couldn't find it, so I hope you'll register and join the 'family'--the site is www.blotanical.com. And I hope the weather improves for you in Jakarta!

Unknown said...

I forgot...you asked about the blue flower. It's Evolvolus 'Blue Daze'; related to Morning Glories, but I have no idea if you could get it in Indonesia. It's an annual here unless brought indoors, which is what I did.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are lovely I did really love these .Good that your tree is bearing many fruits.

suman
free satellite tv

NDietrich said...

Hi! My name is Alex and I am from the United States. We are interested in using your picture of brucea javanica for the cover of a scientific magazine, called "Proceedings of the National Academy of Science". We were wondering if you would give us permission to do so. Do you have a high quality version?